The Hill County Juvenile Justice Alternative Education Program (JJAEP) is a cooperative effort of the educational community and the juvenile justice system. The primary goals of the program are education, discipline, and rehabilitation. The academic mission is to enable the students to perform at grade level. The program provides an alternative classroom site to allow continued education for students who are expelled from school districts in Hill County and/or adjudicated and placed into the program by order of the Juvenile Court.
The Hill County JJAEP operates Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. The program follows the Hillsboro ISD school calendar. Please click on the link below to view the Hillsboro ISD school calendar:
Hillsboro ISD school calendar
The following dress code will be followed and strictly enforced:
- Students may wear jeans that are blue in color only. No Dickies or overalls will be allowed. Pants are to be worn to fit the waist of the student and will have no markings, holes, frayed edges, have pockets on the legs or split at the side of the seam. No faded jeans will be allowed. (Students that wear inappropriate clothing will face behavior consequences and will be required to change into a uniform provided by the JJAEP.)
- A belt must be worn daily if the jeans do not fit the student at his/her waist.
- Plain white, black or white and black tennis shoes are to be worn. (No colored markings on shoes.) No colored shoe laces will be allowed and all shoes must be tied correctly. No sandals, flip flops, half shoes, boots will be allowed. Socks are to be worn under tennis shoes.
- Students must wear a black polo style shirt (short or long sleeve) to school. Students may wear a solid, black or white long sleeve shirt under polo shirt. Sweatshirts, including hooded sweatshirts with pockets, will not be allowed to be worn in the JJAEP classroom. The shirts are not to have any markings on them. All shirts shall be tucked in.
- Clothes and shoes are to be kept clean and odor free.
- All tattoos must be covered by sleeves of the shirt.
- Appropriate undergarments should be worn and must be clean and odor free.
- Hats, caps, sweatbands, or head gear are not allowed to be worn.
- Earrings, nose rings, toe rings, tongue rings, or any jewelry item will not be allowed.